<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://audreycaylin.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Audrey Caylin: {JUNE WRAP-UP} + makeover & vlog ideas

Saturday, July 1, 2017

{JUNE WRAP-UP} + makeover & vlog ideas


 (aka... I haven't done this since April, have I?)

HOW IS IT SUMMER?!?!? I have creepily vivid memories of this time last year, so it doesn't seem right that summer 2017 is already here :P

So how did I kick off my summer?
Instead of taking the two months between April nano and July nano to rest, little old me decided to write another novel :P I finished the draft with a monster word-count of 133,000 words. I DID NOT PLAN THAT. I just... planned too many scenes.

I let the manuscript "rest" for a week, and since then, I've been doing the first round of edits. So far I haven't come upon anything that needs to be MAJORLY rewritten, just edited. *sigh of relief* My alpha reader (my mom) is reading this draft as well, only in google docs instead of Word. Now I'm being bombarded with comments xD

For Camp NaNo, I was planning on editing Found and rewriting the sequel, but I kinda want a life beyond writing for this month (crazy, right?), so I decided to simply edit Found... like, a REALLY in-depth edit. Pray I survive xP



I haven't read THAT much this month. I've mostly been rereading Ilyon Chronicles to get all refreshed for Exiles (the release date was moved to August 11th, so mark your calanders again xD)  Most of June I spent planning for what I'm going to read for the rest of the summer (sort of a waste, but oh well). 

But, on the topic of bookish things, I printed out my 2016 NaNoWriMo novel on CreateSpace! The cover didn't turn out perfect, but this was an experiment so I'm not totally clueless when I eventually publish Found.

And, last but not least, Julia @TheBarefootGal is selling her poetry book. GO BUY IT. IT'S AMAZING. And all royalties go toward her ice cream supply *insert emoji with sunglasses*


Hey, look, I did a makeover! I was going to try and get a whole new theme, but I'm kinda... broke (i.e. saving up for an editor)

Anyway, here's the fresh look! The bright colors go with my "word for the year," which is JOY.

You want to know why I like feathers? I've liked birds since 5th grade, but it actually has something to do with my books... a creature that I incorporate into all of them known as the mythical phoenix xD

Then I switched my tagline, mainly because this blog has become about SO much more than my journey as an aspiring indie author. It's about how I play around with words and go on journeys and spread this thing called hope. This doesn't mean I'm changing the focus for the blog; I'm just tweaking the blog so it fits what the content has become.

(I've also updated all my pages, if you'd like to check them out again and pick up my new button)

Here are all my posts for June:

http://audreycaylin.blogspot.com/2017/06/stories-are-powerful.html

http://audreycaylin.blogspot.com/2017/06/lets-do-summer-bucket-list-tbr.html

http://audreycaylin.blogspot.com/2017/06/when-you-feel-like-youre-getting-worse.html

http://audreycaylin.blogspot.com/2017/06/rebelliouswriting-afraid-to-turn-page.html


And some other lovely (incredible) posts from fellow bloggers:

Abigail @Ups&Downs wrote these beautiful thoughts about change

Sarah @The Introverted Extrovert remodeled her room and basically I'm still in awe of how awesome it looks.

Karyssa @No Coffee, No Can Do talked about trusting and staying strong.

And Gray @Writing Is Life started this awesome movement called Rebellious Writing



- I went on two day trips to LA. Me = not a person who likes to spend an entire day in a city

- I've driven on the freeway half a dozen times by now. My dad made me go 80mph once just to get the feel for it (shhh, don't tell anyone)

- I've been trying to get back into shape for a summer of hiking/biking/lots of outside time. I'm already sunburn :P

- I saw the new Pirates movie. Don't kill me, but I didn't like it :P (and if you stayed until after the credits, please cry with me in the comments section)

- I broke into my own house. Read more here:



Mom: do you want to go to a concert?
Me: how long?
Mom: two hours
Me: why not just listen to the music at home with headphones?
#introvertproblems

Despite that, I attended my first homeschool conference! For some reason I was under the impression that it would be inside. Instead, I got baked as we learned swing dancing outside (which is really, really fun)



 WELL HEY IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF NANO. I'm totally not freaking out over here. *dies*

 Then Realm Makers is at the end of July O.O

Also, I'm planning a camp nano vlog! BUT I NEED IDEAS. What should I ramble about???? Ask me questions! I'd prefer to keep this all writing related though, so please save the life/blogging questions for the Q&A I plan to do in October :)

ASK ME ALL THE QUESTIONS ABOUT MY WRITING. I promise I will not willingly answer



Needless to say, I think this is going to be an awesome summer!

<3

audrey caylin


What happened with your June? What plans do you have for July?

Labels:

36 Comments:

At July 1, 2017 at 5:33 AM , Blogger Ivie Brooks said...

Your blog looks amazing! I just redid mine. It's a temporary design right now, but once I find the permanent, I think I'll be much happier. Also, my mom is going to be my alpha reader.

Sounds like you had/have a lot going on. Be careful with editing. I've been there. Don't forget to eat food. It is very easy to do that. :)

 
At July 1, 2017 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Grace Marie said...

AHHHHH, I ADORE the blog makeover!!! I'm trying to save up to give my blog a more professional look, but unfortunately, I'm also broke! LOL. XD
Oooh, and homeschool conferences are always so much fun! I've always gone to ones inside a hotel, but I've heard of them being held outside too.
Oh, and also, thanks for including my post!

 
At July 1, 2017 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Savannah Grace said...

YOUR NEW HEADER <3 <3 <3. So much prettiness, I love it! And also - YOU'RE DOING A VLOG?? Yay! I was super happy when I saw that in your post title :D. I'm excited to see it!

By the way, were you pretty happy with how your CreateSpace book was printed? Because I'm thinking of doing that with Killing Snow, but I'm not sure yet ...

Best of luck with everything in July, my friend! (and do update us on how editing goes!)

~ Savannah | Scattered Scribblings

 
At July 1, 2017 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Pip and Lolly said...

You learned swing dancing! That's awesome! Isn't it so much fun? I especially love lifts. Editing is awful, bu tit must be done. I wish you the best. By the way, your new header is so pretty.

~ Pip

 
At July 1, 2017 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your new blog look, I love swing dancing, and the concert conversation is totally me! 😂

Hailey
www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

 
At July 1, 2017 at 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh this is awesome, Audrey! I loved your Stories are Powerful post! Ohhh swing dancing is sooo much fun! I love 'the pretzel' and 'the tabletop thingy', I legit just follow the guy, cuz he knows more than me about it. XD Lovely post! Looking forward to doing Nano with you! <3
-Clara

 
At July 1, 2017 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Abigail Lennah said...

I love your new header and design! GAHHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SHOUTED ME OUT. O.O Anyways, the ending of the new Pirates movie. I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING. Sorry if this comment is all over the place-- I have to go back to writing, and all. Happy NaNo-ing!

xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

 
At July 2, 2017 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Ivie Brooks said...

Oh, and I've had to break into my house before. It was with my dad. We forgot something. Thankfully, the windows were open and the downstairs isn't that tall. It was getting over the fence. That was a struggle. Plus the fact that at the time I was only five or six. That was my memory. We were leaving to go somewhere, but now I don't even remember anything else except breaking back into the house. And there was a screen on the window.

 
At July 2, 2017 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Michaila | Seventy Times Seven said...

SO FIRST. That blog header is adorable can you please tell me where you constructed it???
And lemme go take that survey...
-Michaila
the Wonderkept life
(https://lovelypinkduckshome.blogspot.com/)

 
At July 2, 2017 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Jane Maree said...

ACK, AUDREY IS GOING TO DO A VLOG. Excuse me while I flail over here. *distant excited shrieking*

 
At July 3, 2017 at 1:14 AM , Blogger Melissa Gravitis said...

Your new header is stunning! I love all the brilliant colours. <3 Good luck with NaNo, and have a wonderful July! :D

 
At July 3, 2017 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Anna said...

I love your new design and the break in story on twitter cracked me up! XD
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE VLOG AHHHH! <3

I hope you have a wonderful July Audrey! <3

Anna - www.worldthroughherheart.blogspot.com

 
At July 3, 2017 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Thank you! I can't wait to go check yours out :D

Yes, I probably should remember to do that :P I tend to go into overdrive and forget about everything else xD

*high-five to fellow writer who once helped break into her own house*

<3

 
At July 3, 2017 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

AAHHH THANK YOU SO MUCH <3
Ha, I think tweaking the layout and changing the colors is the cheapest way to have a makeover xD

You're welcome! Rebellious Writing is such an incredible movement!

 
At July 3, 2017 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

THANK YOU. And hopefully I don't ramble and be too awkward in that vlog xD

I'd say CreateSpace is a lot more professional than Lulu, if you've used that before. It's harder to get the formatting and the cover right, but the quality of the book was way better than Lulu's. Just read the submission guidelines for the files (they review them within 24 hours), and I think you should be fine. I'd definitely recommend it!

Thank you! I hope you have an awesome camp nano <3

 
At July 3, 2017 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Ahhh yes, I loved the turns the best! It was basically everyone's first time, so we never got to lifts, but I'm sure they're really fun :)

"it must be done" *heavy sigh* yes, it must be xP

Thank you! Thanks for reading! <3

 
At July 3, 2017 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Thank you! It was super fun to make!

Hello fellow introvert who likes headphones better than concerts XD

<3

 
At July 3, 2017 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Aaah thank you, Clara! And that was my favorite post of the month <3

Yep, I did the same: I was literally like "idk what I'm doing but I hope he does" xD

YESSS. WE'VE GOT THIS THING <3

 
At July 3, 2017 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Thank you!

Your post was SO beautiful -- keep up the great work!

The ending of Pirates was just cruel :P I got all these warm fuzzies over Will and Elizabeth and then BAM I wanted to throw my popcorn at the screen. It's even worse since there isn't going to be another movie XP

<3

 
At July 3, 2017 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Awww, thank you! I made it on Canva, which is a designing website. It was basically free. Here's the link. :)

Thanks for reading! <3

 
At July 3, 2017 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

ACK I AM DOING A VLOG :P *distant shrieking* (though probably for a different reason than yours xD)

 
At July 3, 2017 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Thank you! I did go on the "vibrant" side xD

I hope you have an awesome nano/July too! <3

 
At July 3, 2017 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Haha, when I was halfway through the window I just lost it and started laughing xD

THANK YOU! <3

 
At July 3, 2017 at 4:40 PM , Blogger Marrok Macintyre said...

Sounds like a fun two months has gone by Audrey! Wow another draft is finished? Your fingers must be on FIRE!

I said it before but I'll say it again. I love the new makeover! You buy them? I just see what I can use for free. So goes college life :p

Wait is that the LA in Cali? like Los Angeles? or another LA? If it is the first that is so cool because i live in the first one.

 
At July 4, 2017 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Haha, actually, they're calloused from trying to learn guitar xD

Thank you! Yeah, it was basically free. I had to pay for the template I have now, but the headers and stuff were all free.

Yeah, the one Hollywood is in. O.O Dude, if you want to see a green flash, just go to the coast on a clear night (without marine layer). I bet you'll see one!

 
At July 5, 2017 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Karyssa Norton said...

Wow, you wrote a whole novel?!?! Nice! Is this the one with the ninjas? (I think I remember you saying that you were experimenting with ninjas in one of your novels)

Ahh! I absolutely love your new blog design!! :D :D I think it definitely works with your word of the year. :) I'm so excited for your vlogs! Thank you for sharing my post!

You learned how to swing dance? That's so much fun! I learned some of the moves last year. :) I can't believe that camp nano has started already!

It sounds like you had a great June! I hope you have a wonderful July! :)

 
At July 5, 2017 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Marrok Macintyre said...

Say what? was it a flame guitar? I remember when i tried learning the guitar. AAaahhhh Painful times, painful times.

No way! How weird is that? Did you stop by the Hollywood sign? I know I should! Too bad the beaches within driving distance seem to never be without a marine layer. Every time I'm out there I'm like "hey look here comes the marine layer." I just gotta keep looking.

 
At July 5, 2017 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Abby M said...

WHOA I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE MAKEOVER!!! also sounds like you've had a great month! Ok driving in LA is the scariest thing (also just LA in general kinda scares me LOL)

 
At July 6, 2017 at 5:26 AM , Blogger Jem Jones said...

I love your new look! And I loved reading what you'd been up to - I hope your driving's going well!

I nominated you for the Leibster Blog Award here, too, if you wanted to look at that! (I mentioned the blog makeover, too ;)

 
At July 7, 2017 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Ah, no, an acoustic one xD Though a flame one would be pretty cool...

No, I just kinda walked around by the convention center, since there was an event there that my brother was at.

I know. A lot of people think California has these gorgeous beach days, but really it's just MARINE LAYER 90% of the time, especially in June and July XP

 
At July 7, 2017 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

It was just a rewrite of Found :P I haven't really worked on the ninja one lately, since there's this dystopian one that's begging to be released ;)

Thank you! I figured it was time for a bit of a remodel. And yes, the vlog is coming :D

I hope you're having a wonderful time at camp! (literally, and with nano xD)

 
At July 7, 2017 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

AAHHH THANK YOU. I'm really loving it myself, so I guess that's good xD

LA IS sort of scary. We drove through some rough sections, mainly because our navigator said that was the fastest route :P

 
At July 7, 2017 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Thank you, Jem! :D

Oooh, cool, thank you! I'll go check it out!

<3

 
At July 9, 2017 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Amy said...

I HAVE MISSED YOUR BLOG. I've been such a bad blogger and it seems like I haven't visited your posts in weeks! I apologise - it's been a busy time for me :(

I LOVE your new blog theme! I also love feathers ;) And I adore the colours you've chosen.

Congrats on all the writing you've been doing! I know I've said it before, but you inspire me so much. I really need to get my head in the game and write more.

Lovely post, Audrey <3 I always enjoy reading wrap-ups ;)

Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

 
At July 10, 2017 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

No worries -- life gets busy :)

I do have a thing with feathers, don't I? xD

Thank you so much, Amy! Your comment literally made my day and means so much to me. You've got this <3

 
At July 10, 2017 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Marrok Macintyre said...

Oh okay, acoustic is still cool.

That's cool, I know there is a heck of a lot of conventions over here during the summer so I hope you had fun!

Well we do have some really nice beach days, just not sunsets.

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! I'd love to chat with you! Just please keep things clean and respectful.
*hands you a cup of unending gratitude*

And I respond to every comment, so be sure to check back for my reply!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home