<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://audreycaylin.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Audrey Caylin: {C U R R E N T L Y} (aka: abbriviated May wrap-up)

Saturday, May 27, 2017

{C U R R E N T L Y} (aka: abbriviated May wrap-up)




(updated 5/29 I'm a bit under the weather, so this post is going to count as my wrap-up. I'll be back on Saturday though! <3)

Just because I'm dead tired this week and have never done a post like this but have always wanted to.... I give you a snippet of my life ;)

Currently....

WRITING

Too. Many. Words. xD I started rewriting Found several weeks ago, armed with a hefty outline. I thought that outline was going to be a fantastic guide that would help me overcome my problem of writing too many words per scene (seriously. that's a real problem. my wordcounts are waaaay too high. I just start a scene and ramble). Unfortunately, I just kinda.... went over it. The first quarter of my book is 40,000 words \(*.*)/
I'm going to try and cut that when I get to editing xP

READING

BLADES OF ACKTAR IS EPIC, OKAY???? Go read it. I'm on the last one (I devoured the other ones earlier in May), and Martyn is awesome. I find him incredibly funny and then that PLOT TWIST at 60% *dies* Go read it.

FEELING

Excited. The fourth rewriting of my novel is going REALLY WELL and the other day I just wanted to shriek happily when my plot twist worked epicly.


THINKING

Like there's not enough time in every day. There's so many things I want to do, so many things I feel like I have to do, but the clock just keeps ticking and time is going by fast. Years, especially. I mean, I'm driving?!? School = *explosion* Life = craziness. And it's recently occurred to me how young I am yet how grown up I'm already considered by society.
That thought-provoking enough? Good.


EATING(?)

Ahh... food? I know some people have a really elaborate answer here, but I don't eat elaborate foods or anything XP Water. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. ;)



LOOKING FORWARD TO

SUMMER!!!!!!!!!! I'm spending it back at my old house, up in the mountains. I know I give you all pictures of sand and seashells on Instagram, but I'm an outdoorsy mountain girl at heart xD  And Realm Makers. Need I say more?

LISTENING TO

In this exact moment -- Shepherd (Live) by Bethel Music and Amanda Cook. More consistently -- epic movie scores that go along with my novel, namely from Skyrim (which is epic), Mass Effect, and music from Two Steps from Hell (ughhh I really don't like their title). 


DREADING

Sending the first ten pages of my novel off for a professional critique. DON'T GET ME WRONG. I'm really, really excited to get feedback. I just... don't like the anticipation, okay? xD
 


DECIDING

Editor and cover designer. I'm a major pre-planning person, so that's basically the main confusing thing on my mind these days. Mostly because #moneyproblems. That's why I'm searching like six months in advance from when I'd need them. If you've got any recommendations, I'd love to hear!

PLANNING

A social media maker. YESSS. I've been wanting to redo my brand since *forever* and am slowly picking away it. I have colors, a header design decided upon... I just don't have a tagline (I wanted to elaborate the Journey of an aspiring indie author thing.)  I'm hoping to get it done before the end of the summer, but yeah. Lots of fun(ish) designing stuff. 

SMILING ABOUT

Life? It's gorgeous out, and one of my favorite songs, (10,000 reasons), is blasting in my headphones right now. I've got about 10,000 reasons to thank God that I'm here and not where I was last year. Seeing how far He's taken me from then gives me warm fuzzies and other #feels.

So there is your peek into Audrey Caylin's life xD
<3
Audrey Caylin




So...what's up "currently" with you? Any elaborate foods I should try? If you're a baker, TELL ME.

Labels:

23 Comments:

At May 27, 2017 at 5:06 AM , Blogger Anna said...

Sounds like a really busy month! You're sending off your first 10 pages, wow, keep us updated on that :)
And...I am a baker. You should try making soft pretzels, they are SO GOOD.
God bless this month! My crazy one is coming up, June is going to be so insane for me.

 
At May 27, 2017 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Karyssa Norton said...

Wow, you have a lot going on! Yes, Blades of Acktar is amazing!! I finished Deliver about two weeks ago. I still haven't written my review for that on Goodreads. And I said it was coming soon. Oops. :P But right now I'm reading the Ilyon Chronicle. :D

I agree, time is going by way. to. fast. I need more time! We'll just give up sleep, I mean, who needs that anyway?

*raises hand* I'm a baker!! It's actually my job. :) This isn't really an elaborate food, and I don't know how big you are on bread, but have you tried making homemade English muffins? They are soo good, and they're really not that hard to make. :)

*high five* Go outdoorsy people! I love the outdoors so I'm really looking forward to summer too. :D And, 10,000 reasons is a great song!! I love that song. <3

 
At May 27, 2017 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Hannah White said...

UGH. I feel you on the over-writing pain. When I finished the second draft of my last WIP, I'd upped the word count by 40k -.- NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT. Sigh. But there's always edits! Also, AMANDA COOK. I'm hooked on her songs "Wonder" and "You Make Me Brave" right now :D THEY'RE SO GOOOOOOD AKSJDFLHAKSDJFH. And just ... /mountains/. *happy sigh* AND CONFERENCES. AHHH. Okay I'll stop now XP

 
At May 27, 2017 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Marrok Macintyre said...

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you :D But then again its fun work, right?

Is it weird that I've also been looking into an Editor and a Cover Designer? I mean I'm not close to being done yet but I'm still looking into that stuff on the side.

The better question seems to be what am I not currently doing :P

 
At May 27, 2017 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

I will. I'll probably do a post or a tweet on it once I get it back :P *hides behind hands*

SOFT PRETZELS. I've had some before, but I've never made them myself. Thanks for the suggestion!

<3

 
At May 27, 2017 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

I intended to write reviews for them too :P I'll have to do it when I reread them (and I will... ;) And ILYON CHRONICLES. YESSSSS. *flails*

Oooh, that's so cool! English muffins sound really good right now. :D

<3

 
At May 27, 2017 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

I KNOW. I keep thinking that my novel is going to cost more to be professionally edited :P

*flails with you* I ADORE HER SONGS AND THE CONFERENCE ASDFJKL; <3<3

 
At May 27, 2017 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Anna said...

:) I will be checking for that post.

Sure! I LOVE THEM TOO. Finding that time to cook stuff when you are busy with every single other thing on the planet...is tough, but necessary because obviously...FOOD.

 
At May 27, 2017 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Very fun... until you have too much :P

I think it's never too early to start looking! Especially with so many people out there and a budget to consider.

I hope things slow down for you soon :P

 
At May 27, 2017 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Melissa Gravitis said...

I totally feel your pain with having long WIPs! I vowed to cut down my behemoth word-count on this rewrite, but I have this strange feeling that it's NOT going to happen. At all. XD
I love 10,000 Reasons! It's such a gorgeous song. <3 Do you listen to Casting Crowns at all? Their music and lyrics are so honest and beautiful.
Good luck with your writing! :)

 
At May 29, 2017 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Amy said...

Beautiful post and WHY CAN'T I HAVE THE TROUBLE OF LONG STORIES??? I have the opposite problem and it's so annoying! And then I tend to waffle because #morewords

You've certainly had a busy month! I can't wait to see your new "brand". I absolutely love it when bloggers have a blogging make-over or redo logos, etc. Eeeek!

Hope you have an amazing and productive June, Audrey :) <3

Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

 
At May 30, 2017 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Realm Makers! I will go someday... I know the pain of having long WIPs. I really need to stop rambling, and get to the end of the story, but I can't. The words, they are endless. :P

 
At May 30, 2017 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

10,000 Reasons is definitely one of my favourite songs as well!

And that two steps from hell title (I lowkey feel the same, girl xD though I don't really know what it is)

 
At May 30, 2017 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Ugh, I know! I think the best way is to cut scenes before you even start writing, but if all the scenes are absolutely necessary then... you're out of luck XP We will conquer one day!

I do sometimes listen to Casting Crowns! I do Pandora instead of Spotify, so sometimes I hear a good song and don't pause to look who it's by :P

Thank you! You too! <3

 
At May 30, 2017 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

BUT THEN IT COSTS MORE $ TO HAVE IT EDITED. :P That's the only reason why I don't like it, because I love reading long books xD

Eeep, thank you, I'm excited too! It's taking forever because I have to redesign ALL my social media headers, but I'm super excited :D

<3

 
At May 30, 2017 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

I hope to see you there one day!

Yes...endless words :P I guess it's better than writers' block!

<3

 
At May 30, 2017 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Yep :P I just love how epic their music is, and have to ignore the title.

Thanks for reading! <3

 
At June 1, 2017 at 5:07 PM , Blogger May @ Forever and Everly said...

Editor and cover designer! That's awesome Audrey. (For some reason I called you Caylin... XD) UGH. REWRITES. They are torturous but needed. And professional critique??? GURL THAT'S AWESOME. And yes I TOTALLY get you on the time thing. I feel like there would be enough time if I forced myself to be productive... but unfortunately I procrastinate. And even when I AM productive, it goes by so fast!

Love this post! <3

may @ forever and everly

 
At June 1, 2017 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Micaiah Saldaña said...

AAHHHH HOW HAVE I NOT BEEN HERE IN FOREVER?!?!?! And you're spending summer in the mountains? That is AWESOME! Hhhmmm..... Editors and cover designers. Nadine Brandes offers an editing service, and she's kinda in your genre, but Joanne Bischof also edits. Tessa Emily Hall has edited for me, and she is EPIC. I'll you her link: http://www.tessaemilyhall.com/freelance-editing

*raises hand* I bake! Something elaborate..... These cupcakes (http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/12/19/easy-homemade-funfetti-cupcakes/) aren't really elaborate, but they are to die for! I recently made them for my Bible study, and they were a hit! But my mom loves making these cakes (http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2016/02/10/peanut-butter-chocolate-lava-cakes/), which also aren't super elaborate, but amazing with a scoop of ice cream. =) If you want something insanely elaborate, just check out this blog: http://sweetapolita.com Enough said. xD

Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels

 
At June 3, 2017 at 10:57 AM , Blogger RebekahAshleigh said...

It sounds like you had a nice month, Audrey! :)
I read the first 3 Blades of Acktar books last summer and am hoping to read “Deliver” sometime this summer.
That is so cool that you are going to Realm Makers! My brother is going there too! :)

 
At June 5, 2017 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Well, I guess Caylin could be a first name as well ;)

REWRITES ARE HORRIBLE. My thoughts get all muddled and I just end up writing something completely different XP I will master them one day!

Thanks for reading! <3

 
At June 5, 2017 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

EEEPP. Thank you for the links! I'll have to check them both out :D

YOU'RE MAKING ME HUNGRY. I must bake some of these asdjfkl; Thank you for all the links xD

<3

 
At June 5, 2017 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Audrey Caylin said...

Deliver is SO epic. Martyn plays a major role in it and he's super amusing xD I hope you enjoy it!

Ahhh that's so cool! I'm hoping to see a ton of fellow bloggers there =)

Thanks for reading <3

 

Post a Comment

Hey there! I'd love to chat with you! Just please keep things clean and respectful.
*hands you a cup of unending gratitude*

And I respond to every comment, so be sure to check back for my reply!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home